Memberships & Presentations:
Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, 2000 - 2016
BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, 2000 - present
BC Council for Families, 1999 - 2014
Satir Institute of the Pacific, 2002 - 2010
Canadian Association of University Teachers January, Since 2012
Selected Presentations: I have presented at many psycho-educational and counselling workshops/conferences and facilitated group therapy sessions. I have extensive experience working with adults, individuals, couples, families, and students.
UBC Faculty of Dentistry: Stress Busters by: May 2016
West Vancouver Public Library: Panel Discussions by: Dr. Farideh Farzamian RCC, Dr. Susan Tavakol MD / Psychiatry, and Mrs. Felora Farhani MSW- Topic: Overcoming Stress by using Willpower . June 2015
SUCCESS Burnaby: Managing Stress, March 2012
Payameh Haste Women group: Transition and adjustment process. December, 2009
• Iranian Women Cultural Society (IRWS), Vancouver, Canada, October 2009
• Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and British Columbia Association of Clinical Counselling (CCPA / BCACC) Annual Conference: Connecting with our Clients. Presentation topic: Cross-Cultural Adjustment among Immigrant Executives. Vancouver, BC. May, 2007
• Paper accepted to be presented at the CRS Annual Graduate Student Conference at York University, Toronto, Ontario. Topic: Through the eyes of an immigrant/counsellor/researcher: The need for cross-cultural adjustment information as a pedagogical tool for educators, mentors, counsellors, and teachers. April, 2007
• University of Calgary: The International Teacher Education Conference. Presentation topic: Through the eyes of an immigrant/counsellor/researcher: The need for cross-cultural adjustment information as a pedagogical tool for educators, mentors, counsellors, and teacher. Calgary, AB. November, 2006.
• Vancouver Community College (King Edward Campus). Topic: Non-Violent Communication (Dr. Marshal Rosenberg approach) among College Students. Vancouver, BC. April, 2002. •
• Vancouver Community College (King Edward Campus). Topic: Managing Your Stress. Vancouver, BC. February, 2002
• Vancouver Community College (King Edward Campus). Topic: Improving Your Self-esteem. Vancouver, BC. January, 2002.
• Vancouver Community College (King Edward Campus). Topic: Satir Model of Process of Change. Vancouver, BC. November, 2002.
• International Career Counselling Conference: Going for the Gold. group presentation. Topic: Dr. Norman Amudson's Pattern Identification Model. Richmond, BC. March, 2001.
• The University of British Columbia Counselling Center. Topic: Pattern Identification Model. Vancouver. BC. December 2001.